What is the Gospel?
“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures.” – 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” – Romans 1:16
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a set of beliefs that one must embrace; it is not an experience.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God unto Salvation and it is unleashed to everyone that believes it (Rom 1:16)
- Knowing what the Gospel says is not enough, one must LIVE it (Gal 2:20)
- Nothing is more essential to an effective Church than the Gospel of Christ.
- It is important to understand that there is a False Gospel, a False Jesus, and a False spirit that is being received (2 Cor 11:4)
- When anything else is put at the center of your life you dismiss the power thereof.
- It will be the Gospel and Christ Centered Preaching that will be the essentials of our Church.